We Have It
Philadelphia’s Break It Up—who’ve been hiding right under my nose for the past two years—have finally released their *fantastic* debut LP! And they’ll be playing it at their cd release/Tuesday Tune-Out tonight at PhilaMOCA!
As for the record: To my ears it’s one of the better records to come out of the city in a while! The trio of Casey Bell, Dan Morse, and Jen Sperling throw pop hook after pop; sometimes through fuzzy guitars and speedy drums, and sometimes, like on “We Hate It”, they, quite elegantly, take a page from one of Yo La Tengo’s more sprawling moments. Note: An egg shaker and a wall of guitars will get you VERY far in my book.
- casablancakes reblogged this from skatterbrainpop
- inplaceband likes this
- thelightisalivingspirit likes this
- burntpalms likes this
- unrational likes this
- nickminichino likes this
- polarbearseatcereal likes this
- sassmadness likes this
- matthewedwards reblogged this from skatterbrainpop and added:
- skatterbrainpop posted this