Attention everyone interested in hearing one of best records that will be released this year: Girls Names’ brillllllllllllliant sophomore LP The New Life is streaming in full today!
There’s been a lot of talk about The New Life feeling very bleak and grey, but bleak would simply be an understatement; this record is downright post-apocalyptic. That chaotic and angular guitar outro on “The Olympia” (which has quickly become one of the best songs these ears have heard this year) doesn’t merely cull up images of a cold walk down barren streets, but brings about true visions of doom—burnings cars and makeshift roadblocks, screams off in the distance, and burning eyes from the thick fog of smoke in the air. The New Life is going to be real tough to beat. We’ll see how this one works in the Summer, though. Might have to shelve it then. I feel like that’s how they’d want it anyway.
- thequarksoup likes this
- bubbleandspike likes this
- daftpansy reblogged this from iheartpavement and added:
- daftpansy likes this
- iheartpavement reblogged this from matthewedwards and added:
- iheartpavement likes this
- lavendertownsyndrome likes this
- alwaysyawny likes this
- pacificpride likes this
- uglythrashdemon likes this
- slumberlandrecords likes this
- craigz likes this
- matthewedwards reblogged this from skatterbrainpop and added:
- skatterbrainpop posted this